help me out here

ross

Ok im looking to get speakers, etc. for my truck. Its a 65 chevy so theres not a whole lot of room for speakers. I want a good quality system. It has to be pretty loud but not like outrageous. So if yall could help me out with just the basics. I really dont know anything. How many speakers/subs should i have. What about an amp? and watts for everything...also what brands are good...pretty much everything. lol

I'm sure there are dozens of car audio forums out there just like swf.com . . . they would be able to really help.

unleashed

my husband builds stereo and speaker systems for cars/truck. its just one of his hobbies i can always ask him for you.he prefers sherwin vegas, fosgates,has a couple of sets of M.A 's i dontnt know how well those work fror him they havent been hooked up yet.he uses 2 10' in su
oofers his S10.not sure all of his specifics cus i just complain they are soo loud and rattle my brain.lol you can email me at doggiestlist@yahoo.com maybe he has a few sites saved i can send to you .you'll be surprised what can fit nto a cab of a small pickuptruck

denny80688

I have been competing in SQ stereo competitions for several years. If you’re looking for excellent sound quality there are lots of options. Focal makes some very good components as well as rainbow audio. I am currently using Diamond Audio HEX 6 1/2 in components and they are great. I wouldn’t use anything other then the diamonds after having them. For amps I would use Butler Vacuum tube amps. You won’t find them at many local audio shops but for SQ nothing comes close. As for subs I stuck with Diamond but you can find many excellent choices just depends on what you are trying to accomplish.
Current system
Blaupunkt san Francisco head unit
2 pair Diamond HEX 6.5" components
2 75x2 Butler Tube drivers bridged to 300x1 for components
1 150x2 butler Tube driver bridged to 600x1 for sub
1 12" Diamond MacDaddy sub
www.diamondaudio.com
www.tubedriver.com