Help me please, I don't understand forum rules..

premilove

First I wanted to apologize to sw.com for making numerous threads in the classified forums. I do not understand why I cannot make any threads. It says that I have to be a member for 30 days and make 50 posts. I make over 20 posts a day since I started the forum. So this means I cannot purchase anything from the fellow hobbyists that are selling their used equipment/frags? As a new member, I can't PM anyone.. I can't really afford new equipment, I do not see what is the harm of purchasing someone's equipment that they want to sell. you can ask the hobbyists that I have bought from, crush4989 how fast I made the payment. I am just a new, young hobbyist trying to make my tank as beautiful as the tanks I see on this forum..

michaeltx

The rules were changed in May after some problems that arose with people signing up just to sell on this site. Since Saltwaterfish.com is first and foremost a store they enacted certain rules that are posted at the top of those forums it gives a little bit of protection against stores from selling their items.
The rules are to protect members from fraud and other things that can arise. It gives members a history to look at to see if they want to sell to the individual aswell.
We as hobbiests take a lot of time, care and money on our tanks and most want to know that the items are going to a good home.
The PM feature for new accounts starts 14 days after you sign up.
Its nothing personal towards anyone just the rules of posting in those 2 forums.
HTH
Mike