Help me save the sun coral!

dstoneburg

M LFS threw this into one of my purchases as ive been inquiring about it for a few weeks and its slowly been diying because they dont take the time to feed it. They started at wanting $120 for it, and finally they gave it to me for free with my next purchase. its doin okay, this is a day after me adding it to the tank. I feed it everyday and hoping to get it all back. Lots of dead skeleton but there used to be about 100+ Pylops. What do you guys think??

He has a nice little cave in there!

mcbdz

Sad they let it get so bad, but just keep feeding it and keep it in low light. I think it'll do fine and start growing in no time.

renogaw

there's a discussion in the corals forum on someone who's nursing one back to health as well, with instructions on how and what and when to feed.

perfectdark

I agree, what is still alive on it is doing well. Feed it often in the begining like every time you see it open, mysis shrimp, cyclops, and even a pellet type food that sinks will be ok for it.

bluester

I saw one kinda shaped like that with different colors in my local shop and it is dying. I love that one. The lady "Lucy" said that if it was dying in there that I probably didn't want it. But now I think I do. What do you feed it.

dstoneburg

Ive been cutting up peices of large krill and feeding it that. I also have to protect it cause the hermit crabs, pom pom crabs and cleaner shrimp try to steal its food. It really is stunning when its open.