help me with my leathers please

ghola5

Hi , Im having some problems or at least I think.
I ordered some leathers, unbrella and crown and a finger leather. They didnt look so great since getting them so i send pictures rigth away to the place, one of the umbrella leathers died this weekend and the place is saying I have atpasia (not sure if spelled right sorry) and so I went to get treatment and LFS said i do not have it and he showed me what it looked like. so in fact I dont have it I guess but my corals are not looking so great, I have Med- strong lighting plus some light from my window so they have good lighting, Im feeding them photoplaknton (not sure if spelled right ) 2 times per week. water is good. Can anyone tell me what is going on and since the other coral died can it kill my others? please let me know thanks so much. kristin :jumping:

fallnhorse

Need to know
water parameters:
salinity,
ammonia
Nitrites
Nitrates
PH
Also. How many watts of lighting, What kind of system, Size of tank?

Did you mean Aiptasia(small stinking Anemones).I doubt a leather got stung to death buy them.
What did they look like when they were dead?Leathers usually stay close when moved from the LFS to home.They will shed a thin film which could take several days to weeks to peel off.

ricks280

i agree with the above............... you also mentioned light from your window ? this could create lots of algea on your system not that this would corse anything with your coral from not oppening but leathers as mentioned above can take a bit of time to adjust . is there another coral touching it?(rick)