Help Me!!!

sunken ship

one of my domino damsels has turned pretty much white, almost transparent looking? All of my parameters are at 0 ppm, ph 8.3 . If anyone can tell me what is going on it would be much appreciated. Here is a pic.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Give some info about your tank, how long has it been set up, etc., and some info about the fish. How long have you had this specimen? History? Is harrassment going on, etc.

sunken ship

my tank has been set up for 2-3 months, the damsels have been in it since the beginning. The fish all seem to be getting along. Occasionally i will see the two damsels chasing eachother, kind of like a game of tag. my water parameters are all at zero, and PH at 8.3, I tested it last night.

beth

Administrator
Staff member

Originally posted by dirtycripple
Occasionally i will see the two damsels chasing eachother, kind of like a game of tag.

Probably going on a lot more than you are noticing. This damsel is likely the low man on the todem poll and is the subject of harrassment. Will likely be harrassed to death. Typical behavior for many damsels. My bet is that this fish was the smallest of the damsels?

sunken ship

Actually, now both of the damsels are dead, when i woke up this morning i couldn't see them, my lights just went on and i see one fish head on the bottom, and the other damsel dead as well. I took out the body already, but now i notice my coral beauty breathing fast. All of these problems seemed to have started when I introduced her to the tank. I am going to call my LFS and see if they will take the coral beauty back and give me store credit or something. I won't be putting anymore fish in for what would you say, 4-6 weeks or something? I guess i'll be focusing on corals/inverts in the meantime.
How long does it take parasites to die off in a tank, and is there anything i can do to speed it along (water changes or anything)?

sunken ship

the damsels were in my tank from the time i started cycling early in january. Now both damsels are dead, along with my goby. I decided to take my coral beauty back to the LFS I go to. They said that my coral beauty should be fine and they are holding it for me while I keep my tank fishless for 30+ days to kill of any parasite that is present in my tank.