HELP: Missing purple firefish

tormented

I havnt seen my little favorite fish in a few days. I dont think I have anything that will eat it, and it looked very healthy when last seen. I have 2 black brittle stars, thats all I think may eat it but arent they safe? I have never lost a fish to them before. DO these kinds of fish have history of hiding in rocks for long periods maybe?
Its a 90g reef tank, and my whole inventory is:
6lined wrasse
false perc clown
2 yellow tail damsels[only see them fighting each other and the clown]
Yellow tang
flame angel
green clown goby
3 blue-green chromis {side question: is it normal for them to always hide up in the corners? Maybe I need to add a few more?}
dwarf hermit crabs
skunk cleaner shrimp
fire shrimp
ANy ideas or tips?
THanks.

engineer

Do yo have tops on your aquarium? They are big time jumpers. I lost 3 before I decided to give up. Found them finally, they all had come to the same fate. They were jerky by the time I found them behind the stand

fish911

I Have 2 Blue Green Chromis... They Are Always Out And About And Like To Hang Out With My 2 False Perc Clowns!
And I Dont Have A Firefish But Am Getting One (so Have Done A Lot Of Research) .. And From What I Have Read ..they Are Known To Hide
But Hes Not New Right?

tormented

I have a 6" section along the back of the tank without a lid, the rest is covered by lights and glass in front. If he did jump I will never know for he will be cat food.

rykna

The brittle stars are scavangers and will gladly wrap their little tentacles around anything that comeswithin reach. How big are you stars? How long have they been missing? Some of my fish hide in the rocks for days and then come out angain. :thinking: Other than that I would ask your kitty how he liked the caviar

tormented

One star is at least 8" across, the other is smaller, maybe 6", both give or take an inch, they never come out to be measured.

damselz

Mine hides in the rocks at night or when it gets spooked. They will find any hole they can. Hope you find him.

tormented

Its been a few days, hopefully he willl pop up suddenly soon. I was going to get him a buddy but not if he is gone.

tormented

Originally Posted by 1journeyman
To answer your Chromis question; No, they shouldn't huddle in one place.
I dont know why, nothing picks on them, but they huddle in 3 different spots all alone.

tormented

Just fed the fish and out pops the firefish :cheer:
Now I notice that one of my antisocial chromis is missing. Doh.
The last 2 are still being antisocial for some reason. :notsure: