Help!!!!! My shark is sick

ac

Anyone have any ideas on treatment. I have a baby Port Jackson shark that all of the sudden has cloudy eyes. One of the eyes has a white fuzz ball looking thing on it. He's still eating fine, but swims vertically with his head poking out of the water almost continuously. Any help would be greatly appreciated. It would kill me to loose this little guy.

ac

Eelfreak,
I did, and got some ideas. I guess I was hoping someone has had a sucess in curing something like this:confused:

ac

Eel,
Thats not a bad idea, I actually have one running on my sting ray tank. Maybe I could borrow it for a time. Thanks

ac

UPDATE:
The right eye has completely cleared and the left eye is about 50% better. Hopefully he's weathered the storm.:D :D :D

ac

Eel,
Actually I haven't put the uv sterilizer on yet. I medicated with penicillin and I'm buy a uv sterilizer for the tank.

nice, I never heard of medicated penicillin, where did you find it, and what else do you know about helping diseases or whatever?

ac

I got the penicillin at the LFS. It is for cloudy eyes along with a host of other illnesses.

ac

Here's a picture of the little guy. Sorry for the dirty glass, but I didn't want to clean it and stress him any.

ac

He's in a 55 gallon hospital tank right now. After the first of the year I'm putting up a 300 gallon for him. He's only about 8 inches long.

ac

I'm shooting for having his new tank up in six months. Its going to be a project because I need to run some more power to my basement. Right now I have a 125 gallon reef tank, the 55 gallon hospital tank, 30 gallon fish only, and a custom 200 with 4 sting rays and an epaulette shark. All in the basement so I need to run a couple of new circuits to power the latest shark project.

:eek: electric bills must ne through the roof, if you dont mind could you please post some pics of the complete view of the 125 and the 30.
I have a 55 which im turning pretty soon into a reef, but the only thing I have in my 55 is a pork puffer, 4 anemones, 2 sebae clowns, 2 damsels and one foxface, and for inverts one urchin and a choc chip starfish, thats all. I was thinking of setting up sting ray tank, but I was thinking of keeping them in those cheap small pools they sell, not sure.

ac

Here's a picture of the 125, pictures just don't do the colors justice. The 30 gallon isn't much to look at. Its just got a couple of clowns in it and enough bubble algea to make a couple of dozen emerald crabs drewl. I highly recommend the sting rays. They are so interactive and are full of personality