Help My Torch Coral !!!

O.K......So someone tell me what they know about the torches and other related corals ( hammers- frog spawn ). I have had some torch in my tank for about 8 months. They first looked OK (NOT GREAT) but did open up and they even started spliting.....till now? The tentacles have for a while not been extending all the way out; some have even died now. My tank is 75 gal. with (2) 175- 14,000mh and (2) compact atnics. I want to open my tank up to more of these corals but with better luck. Any help.......Please !!!

Well everything looks good with like using the master system. I thought that with them having a calcuim "shell" they may need more added to the tank; so i went and got the test for that. It was like 520ppm. I think it is suppose to be 400-500ppm....right? But would that make it not open and then even die? :notsure:

team2jndd

what do you mean by everything looks good. What are the numbers? No I dont think calcium is your problem.

The last test I ran everything looked good with the Kent test kits. I had the reef master kit. I had Nitrate; but very little. The first color up over 0ppm. I have added on a refugium tank to add in that problem. They have been like this for months. What are they sisitive to?