Help - Naso has spots

ob-ron

I have Naso tang in a 120gal reef tank - she is about 5", have had her about 4 years. Fat and healthy normally. She has developed white spots on her - does not look like ich. None of her tank mates have any spots - Rabbit fish, maroon clown, cardnals, blue jaw trigger and bicolor blenny. Spots are about the size of the head of a sewing pin. White, some with what looks like a hollow in the center, others solid white bubbles. I've had ick in a tank before - never anything that looks like this. No changes in food or chemicals. Normal water changes.
She is too big for the quarintine tank (10 gal). I tried to attach a pic of her head, has two spots near the eye.Attachment 228486 Could set up a empty 40 gal tank as quarintine if need be.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
I believe it may be lymphocyctis. Can you post some magnified pictures of the actual spots?
Have you added new fish recently without quarantining?

ob-ron

No new tank mates. She won't stay still. will keep trying. Looking at pic of lymphocyctis the spots are not that big. Looks more like air bubbles.

florida joe

Originally Posted by Beth
http:///forum/post/3094656
I believe it may be lymphocyctis. Can you post some magnified pictures of the actual spots?
Have you added new fish recently without quarantining?

I agree with Beth on this one if no new fish were added. What needs to be remembered is, Lymphocystis, once acquired, must run its course because there is not medicine to cure a viral disease in any organism as of yet. Lymphocystis does show some host-specificity