Help need advice on my Bak-Pak 2!!!!!!!!!!

paul monroy

I bought a Bak-pak 2 and I installed it. It is not working yet but I guess it just needs time. I was wondering about the pump it comes with the Rio pump , I read how they burn up and how they are a piece of trash.Are the rio pumps you all are talking about the same rio pump that came with the CPR Bak pak 2 that I just installed? If so any suggestions on replacement.

nasotang00

I have the same skimmer with the rio 600 pump and have not had any problems with it yest. It has bee up and running great for about 5 months. It does take a couple of days for it to start kicking in. Stick with it. I would like to change the 600 for an 800 though. If you do make sure it is the right pump. You can't just buy any pump for it. Make sure it is the specific venturi pump. That, I believe, is required. CPR has a BB that you can go and get specific questions from actual CPR people as well as individuals who purchased the equipment also.
Good Luck. Happy skimming.

I bought the venturi kit to replace the Rio with a Maxi-jet 1200 but the darn kit came with out instructions so Im waiting for them to respond to e-mail. I hope you have better luck with your Bak Pak than I have. I should have shelled out the extra$$ for the Remora -Pro. previous post was right about having to be a "venturi" type powerhead and CPR's
BB is pretty good at answering questions.
Be prepared for tiny bubbles millions of them at first. ;)