Help Nothing Going Right

brendac

I just posted a message about my aquarium being cycled... but Im a little worried... this is what we did. We also put in 2 XL raw shrimp to cycle the aquarium with... that night all my readings all went high... I mean my ammonia reading color was like green. I was told to remove the 2 shrimp that my 145 pounds of LR would make it finish the cycle... Well it took like 2 days and my readings were all back to being excellent again. Im wondering if the cycle had stopped cause we removed those shrimps?? and if it did continue to cycle without those shrimp it only took maybe all together 1 week to get my readings back to normal. Right now they are: PH 8.2 Ammonia 0.25 Nitrite 0.25 Nitrate 0 and I removed those shrimp only about 11/2 weeks ago. Please can someone tell me if this tank is done cycling. How can it be?? :help:

puffer32

No its not done, just slowed down. You still have ammonia and trite readings, when they go to 0 you should see some trate reading, this will mean your tank is cycled, just be alittle more patient, I know its hard, but taking it slow will pay off in the long run :joy:

brendac

Then I should not start the cycle up again with raw shrimp just because I took them out too early?

alyssia

Originally Posted by BrendaC
Then I should not start the cycle up again with raw shrimp just because I took them out too early?

NO! Your cycle is fine.