Help on Lighting for a 720 gallon tank

I need some advise for lighting a 720 gallon tank. The dimensions are 96"L X 48"W X 36"H. This will be a fish only tank with some mushrooms. The depth of 36" inchs worries me. I want to use a deep sand bed. I am open to suggestions?

enomadra

I would say if it is just going to be mushrooms and fish use VHO lights. I am not sure of their effective range. I have posted in another thred so when I find out I will let you know. I too am trying to figure out which lights to use on my tank which is 30" tall.
You know with a tank that size we are all dying to see some pictures :jumping: please.
:D

enomadra

Just thought I would let you know. I found out that with VHO they are very effective for the first 6" but then rapidly drop off after that.
I am planing on going with T5 for my next tank. From what I have been reading they are the next best thing to MH lights.

razoreqx

Originally posted by saltwaterbob
I need some advise for lighting a 720 gallon tank. The dimensions are 96"L X 48"W X 36"H. This will be a fish only tank with some mushrooms. The depth of 36" inchs worries me. I want to use a deep sand bed. I am open to suggestions?

I was going to say with Mushrooms those things will grow in almost no lighting.. PC would be more than fine for Fish and mushrooms ...

I think that what he is saying is that mushrooms will grow in Normal Output flourescents. I would not invest in high powered lighting if all you want to keep is fish and mushrooms.
Just get some regular flourescents and put in some URI 50/50 bulbs. Your tank will do just fine with that.

lions n nd

for the price of pc you could just as well go Metal Halides
incase you ever change your mind and want more stuff