Help Please.....? 28g jbj

My filter is making a decently loud noise, the wavemakers seem to be working fine, they are blowing out strong and are on 25 sec. The skimmer chamber is empty because I didn't add the skimmer just yet, I took the filter chamber out...it looks fine, and there is a another black sponge to the left of it near the wavemaker, im not sure where this noise is coming from anyone?

bgrimm

You should have 2 black sponges that go in your return chambers. They are about 6 inches long and made up of the same stuff in your filter box. Those are for reducing the trickle noise and the micro bubbles. Try adjusting those untill you have no more noise. I needed to move those around in mine to get rid of the bubbles and noise. But you are going to get some noise from the center chamber.
I hope that helps.
B

I'm trying my best, I need to go over my girlfriends to post pics because my PC does not have the little thing to hook the camera up too it. Anyway I just got home, I tried to fiddle with my filter and sponges but no cigar....its still making a loud noise and there are so many air bubbles...the tanks covered, something is not right, I do not have my skimmer hooked up yet and I did not add the "Ceramic Rings" the filter comes with, any advice on how to stop this problem? is it my filter or wavemakers? when the wavemakers burst it looks like its bursting a load of air bubbles lol. I am going to go back downstairs and try again I suppose :(

Okay, it's not my filter. It's my wavemakers/pumps. When its on 20-25 seconds it makes the noise and pump 2 shoots out really hard...now when I raise the seconds the green light for pump 2 goes off but I put my fingers up to both of them are they are still producing waves, but is it enough? its on 30 seconds, but the pump 2 light is off.

Okay, I just found out its not the filter. I put the pump seconds to 30 from 25, and the whole tank cleared up? literly...and no more noise, is this enough flow tho? I put my finger up to each, they switch off every 30 sec...pump 1 light will go off, pump 2 light goes on etc.