Help Please!!!!!

pco1988

Hey everybody...
I have a couple of quick questions:
1)What lights would I need to keep acropora and montipora?
2)My acros and montis keep on dying and I'm getting fustrated and considering changing my tank over to soft corals only like my 30gal but I hate the sound of that. What am I doing wrong?
3)What should I feed them other than Cyclopeeze, zooplex, and phytoplex? I have two 150watt HQI's and two 60" Atinic Bulbs as my lights but everytime I buy my corals I place them near the top of the tank.
4)Yes, I have the calcium levels right. What should the alkilinaty be? How high can the nitrates go before the water change? I've been letting them go up a little than doing the water change. Just remeber that I'm a full time student and I don't always have time to do regular water chages. I let the tank go 2 weeks then I do the water change.
I would greatly appriciate repleys ASAP because I still have a nice piece of acro still living and one dying off. Please someone HELP ME!!!!!
Philip Oxman

db

Your lighting is not the problem. SPS do not tolerate nitrate levels at all. If you have a nitrate level above 0 than that is probably contributing to your problem. Alkalanity is also an important factor in SPS health as well. I would check into both of those first.