Help...Posting Pics

wolffam

Need some advice. Seems that no matter what picture I try toupload it's to big. By the time I get it the right size and upload it, it looks small on this site.. How you post those large pics for all to see? Please help I want to share, but want you to enjoy without having to get a magnifier.

sammystingray

First off......alway try to use 72 pixels per inch...it is standard on most browsers I believe. Trying to up the quality by using more pixels per inch doesn't work.....it just makes the file bigger and it appears differently on everyones screen anyway depending on the resolution they have set. Always use JPEGs....they are smaller than most any other picture format....same pic in GIF form is about double the file size with no improved quality I can see. I usually go with a JPEG about 7 inches at 72 pixels per inch. I run at 1280x1024 on a 21 inch, and I often wonder if folks running 800x600 know how crappy a picture they are seeing in comparison.....get rid of the BIG icons and see some quality......just my opinion. ......but you have to take these people into consideration....it sucks to have to scroll sideways to see a pic, and many folks have 15 inch screens. Send me a pic at the address below, and I will look at it and tell you whats wrong....if you want.

sammystingray

Actually, looking at your pic in thread a few posts below.....it is not even one quarter of the file size allowed here. Send me a pic that won't fit and is denied.......just to make sure....it does plainly tell you "the file is too large" if it is.

sammystingray

OK, I have no idea why you are having trouble.....all I did was take the photo, save it to my hard drive, open it with adobe photo deluxe, and change the size to nine inches?? I still even have room to play in the file size also. The original photo file size was too large, but I changed the width from 15 inches to 9 inches. What program are you using to change the size?? It was just a matter of changing the size in inches, and leaving the pixels at 72 per inch.

sammystingray

Oh...here's a thought......are you looking at the file size when you are adjusting the photo in a photo editor?? Photo editor software have their own formnat they work with, and the size is MUCH larger....when you format it back to a JPEG...it is smaller. Just a thought. When I changed the size....it came out to 575 KB or something, and that's way too big, but that didn't matter, because when I changed it back to JPEG it was plenty small enough.....basically had to guess at what it would end up as after formatting it.