Help! Purple Mushrooms Taking Over!!!

N

nyyanks514

A while ago I put a single purple musroom in my tank. It soon split to 2, and now, 2 years later, I have more than I can count. Some are tiny, like 1/4" but others are almost 4 or 5 inches in diameter!! They are choking out my other corals and stinging my ricordia to death. They are really adherent to the rocks, so its not so easy to just pluck them and give them to a LFS. Anyone have any ideas how to control this problem???? :notsure:

robchuck

One suggestion would be to mix up some kalkwasser paste and inject it into the mouths of the mushrooms using a syringe.

robchuck

Or there's also a product available called Joe's Juice that works well in killing aiptasia. It may work with the mushrooms as well.

sw65galma

Originally posted by Nyyanks514
A while ago I put a single purple musroom in my tank. It soon split to 2, and now, 2 years later, I have more than I can count. Some are tiny, like 1/4" but others are almost 4 or 5 inches in diameter!! They are choking out my other corals and stinging my ricordia to death. They are really adherent to the rocks, so its not so easy to just pluck them and give them to a LFS. Anyone have any ideas how to control this problem???? :notsure:

Ya don't kill them...!!!
Take them out and send them to us...
We'll glady pay shipping!!
LOL to us, it's almost like saying..
"HELP I HAVE TO MUCH MONEY. HOW CAN I BURN IT UP!!"
LOL

little

Yes yes I to would love to take some off your hands and am willing to pay for shipping. . .
:D
E-mail:Lyont72@yahoo.com

kras

I am just getting started with corals and I could certainly use/appreciate something hardy. And as the others have said I will be more than happy to pay shipping. :jumping: