help quick

biohaz201

I have a clowfish about an inch that I added a few days ago. After I turn the lights on when I acclimated him the sixline I have attacked him for a few secs then backed off. I noticed today after about an hour almost half the clownfishes tail is gone. The clown fish is not hiding either he is in the corner of the tank siting and waitng for the next attack. This is not the 1st fish I have added with the six line and the firefish is fine, never got bothered. I have no refugium or other tank nor the money to buy one right now what would you guys recommend and I would like some speedy assistance if possible.

jake22

It might stress the fish to much but you can buy a plastic or net breader that floats on the top of your tank. This is what i have done to seperate dieng or aggresive fish.

S

sinner's girl

turn tank lights off, move lr around...that might help, or you could be more drastic and bag the sixline for a bit, move lr around, turn lights off, let him out with lights off and cover the tank (so it's dark)...remove cover before you go to bed, turn lights on as normal in the am
this is what we did to make a clown get along with a second clown, i have no idea if it would work with a 6-line but it's better then watching the clown be killed
hth