HELP: Really Strange Stuff In There

windlasher

Does anyone know what these things are? I havent added anything in about 6 months, but yet I see some new growth that I have never seen before. I am not sure where they came from.
This one is a little clump of some kind of algae. Its just this one spot. Is it bad?

And these little spots are new as well growing right on the LR. They do now move or anything, but I can tell they are growing.

Any ID Help would be appreciated.

sean48183

The first pic looks like Bryopsis which is a type of turfy nuisance algae. In moderation not bad. Can take over if it gets enough nutrients.
Second pic is hard to tell but could be some kind of spongy thing. Doesn't look to harmful but see if shows up on any corals.

windlasher

Originally Posted by sean48183
http:///forum/post/3096123
The first pic looks like Bryopsis which is a type of turfy nuisance algae. In moderation not bad. Can take over if it gets enough nutrients.
Second pic is hard to tell but could be some kind of spongy thing. Doesn't look to harmful but see if shows up on any corals.
its just really odd because I haven't added anything in quite a while so I am not sure where it came from. I did take some rock out of my sump and put it in the tank a while back. Maybe it was hiding from not enough light in the sump and now that it has light is showing up. The other round bumpy things I dont get either.
So if anyone has any ideas as to what they could be I'd appreciate it before I get all Medieval on them.