Help RyeBread

kah0197

I know you are more than likely getting tired of being asked this question. But here I go anyway (sorry)... I am looking into buying a Canon EOS Digital Rebel. Do you know or have any experience with this camera? What other cameras should I investigate before hand?
Thanks for any info!

ryebread

I don't really have anything bad to say about the Digital Rebels. I have only had my hands on one of them and it felt a little bit cheap but, for the price you can't really beat it.
Do you already have existing EOS lenses?
www.dpreview.com would have some serious answers on the camera.

kah0197

Thanks for the info.
No, I currently do not have a EOS. I really like the idea of being able to use different lenses.
If you had your choice of a digital in the price range of $1,000, what camera would you choose?

ryebread

I would go with the Canon in that price range but, you must remember that you'll have to get a decent lens for the camera and that will set you back $150-$12,000 depending on what you want. ;) I'm not trying to scare you........you can probably get a decent all in one lens with a good macro mode for about $250 or less. You get what you pay for.
Where in Cincinnati are you located?
I used to run Pete's Photoworld if you know about them. They are good to deal with in the area.

kah0197

I live in West Chester. I get my fish stuff for Just About Fins in Montgomery. I see your pics there and as always very nice.
Yes, I do know about Pete's Photo World. I'll have to stop by and talk to them about each camera.
Thanks for all the information.
:D