help setting up used calcium reactor please.

krux

just got a used calcium reactor in a bulk equipment deal and i was trying to set it up, but i have no clue how it all goes together! hopefully someone who has a similar model or who knows these things inside and out can give me some hints?
the guy said that there was need for another pump source, he said a very small one, he used the top tube on the outflow if his ild closed loop system, you know the little one that has a cap in it usually, i think it has applications for undergravel filters or something. anyway, besides that pump source, he said everything is here.
the co2 tank has a single guage that reads the tank psi i am assuming. the guage goes up to 4000 psi, but it is currently only at around 500 psi. next in line from the guage is a small black box that has a power cord coming off of it, i assume some sort of motorized gate valve or some such. there is no writing on the box to describe what it is aside from some voltage information printed on it. following that is a plastic assembly that reads dwyer and below that it says scfh co2. the box is graduated from 0 to 1 in .2 increments. at the bottom is a knob that i assume adjusts the air allowed through the assembly. there is also a small ball that looks like it will ride up and down, giving me the measurement from 0 to 1
from this box is a green line about 16" long with a flared end, appearing as if it once was stuck on a connector.
ok now for the reactor.
the whole system is on a black piece of acrylic to hold it together. it is powered by an eheim pump. one side of the pump is connected to the bottom of the reaction chamber and then continues past it to some other connections. the other side of the pump extends up to the top of the chamber with no other connections.
entending off of the bottom line and past the reactor chamber is another t assembly. one side of the t is connected via a green line to a bubble counter mounted on the top of the reactor. the bubble counter has a second hose fitting, which i assume is where the co2 tank connects, but i am not certain (hopefully one of you can confirm this).
the other side of the tee connects via a ball valve to a second piece of green tubing about 4 feet in length. this tube has two pieces of clear flexible tubing spliced into it with zip ties. i am not sure if this was to patch together 3 smaller pieces of tubing so it was the correct length, or if this is a necessary feature. the center piece of tubing is a different shade of green, which leads me to believe it is a patch job.. the end of this tube not attatched to the reactor has salt creep on it, leading me to believe this is the end that goes into the sump. the very tip is flared in very slightly and there is no creep on it (the last 1/4" or so) which leads me to believe it was inserted into a hole of some sort which kept the creep off of it.
finally, there is a piece of green tubing that leads from the side of the reaction chamber about 1" down from the top. this line is also 3 to 4 feet in length. the end of this tube also has salt creep on the end of it. this is either where the extra pump connects, or it is the line leading to the sump.
i am going to attatch a picture that i got off of another site of a similar design in use. all of the tubes seem to go similar places, but the valve on the co2 canister is different. also in the photo, the red line does not exist on mine, but instead is the green line that i described as coming off of the top side, instead of directly on the top. my green tube does not have the ball valve in the photo. you can see in the picture the same black box on the tank with the plug that i was trying to describe as well, along with what seems to be a similar looking co2 guage after it which connects to the tubing.
let me know if you have any ideas. the guy is going to be out of town for a month or so, and i would rather try to get this thing going than have to wait for him to get back to ask him how this all goes together.
thanks for your help.

krux

kalkwasser has been the bane of my reefkeeping existance for the last year and a half. maybe if i had a liter meter it would be different, but aquadoser systems are lame

krux

any suggestion on a specific ph meter/controller, and a general idea of how they plumb in? i think the meter/controller will probably come with installation instructions but i would like a basic concept of how it will operate as i shop for one.
also thanks for the setup instructions. that was how i figured it all would work, but i was not positive.
and a mj 1200 it shall be!
also for setting the effluent ph rate, that would be a direct response to the bubble count of the co2 correct? if the volume coming out is steady, then the altering factor would have to be the gas input?

feed water in the green with a power head water will come out the red blue is for co2 imput
a good tip is to use 2- 5 gallon buckets and fill one with saltwater and use a small pump with a adapter to hook it up to your reactor. the output in the other bucket. that way you can get it set up right before you hook it up to the tank. after setting mine up and making the ph go down to far this works better. after it runs for a little wile test the water comming out till you get 3 times the dkh that you want in your tank mine is at 36 dkh so in the tank it stays at 11-12 dkh and calcium is at 450 ph is 8.2-8.3 so I don't mess with it any more. i started with 20 drops a min. comming out and 2 bubbles a sec. co2 play with it till you get it right. you can use buffer and calcium to get the tank where you want it and the reactor will maintain it. that is it. good luck :cool: