Help something growing on rock

fishwanabe

Hi all, Ive been set up since Nov. maybe 75lb lr,(from an established tank) 60bl ls 2 clowns 1 diamondback goby 1 cleaner wrasse and a fire goby. My last water change I move a rock and found this yellowish/clear looking fungus. Thought Id keep an eye, everyone seems to be ok so thought no big deal. well now it seems to me that it has spread to another rock so I tried to see if it was hard or soft matieral and acidentlly poked a hole into it. Of course a small amount of yellowish gunck came out of it but now there is a tiny tiny thing moving around in it!! looks like a piece of small white rice. Any ideals? Im working on getting a pic. thanks

michaeltx

I would have said a sponge until you said there was something moving in it. not sure if there are small worms or critters that live in sponges though.
Mike

fishwanabe

im working on getting pic but it wont be until much later, I got nervous and it fell off of the rock so I scooped it up and put it into a cup the small amount of sand I got has 5or 6 of them. they look like tiny baby hermet crabs clear in color with a v shaped shell.

fishwanabe

mike, if this is a pod is it good? would it come from a fungus looking "mother pod" that is growing on my live rock? thanks Marla

1journeyman

Sounds like "pods". Tiny crustaceans that come in on live rock and live sand.
Good source of food for your fish.