Help w/BakPak 2 needed

meowzer

I have had this bak pak 2 skimmer hooked up on my 29g for a month now.....I could never get the bubbles coming into tank to stop....today I took out that blue bio garbage, and tried adding a piece of sponge....The bubbles are now worse

IDK what else to try..anyone have any suggestions or tips....

meowzer

I put the crappy blue stuff back in, added a piece of black foam in front of return....adjusted everything I could....I now have lots and lots of small bubbles
Should I just leave it and see if they go away on their own????

meowzer

Took the crappy blue stuff back out...added a square piece of blue foam, put a cup of sand on top...this raised the water level to where I think it should be on the skimmer cup side, BUT I STILL HAVE BUBBLES

jayson417

So i had this JEBO skimmr i got off Ebaaaaaaaa ( Don't buy them ) and the small bubbles where so annoying. What i found was by raising the water level in the tank the bubbles stopped as the water shooting into the tank from the return is doing it.
Also if that doesnt work or cant be done. Raise the lip in rich the skimmer hangs on to so to create a waterfall effect.

pezenfuego

*Cough*cough*octo ftw...*cough*cough*
Good Luck with it!
Spanko, you are my new hero. Best website evah.

meowzer

Originally Posted by crypt keeper
http:///forum/post/3048422
Did you add live rock rubble bio balls then the sponge?
Right now I have a piece of blue sponge (from a sump)..then I have about 3" of sand, then I added some black sponge ...in a minute I am goingto add the old baseball bat to it

ALL I did was clean the cup as I do every other day, and I took the bio bale stuff out......

pezenfuego

I have an octopus bh 100 and have thus far not had any problems with it. It is basically the same skimmer as yours though lol. I hope I didn't jinx myself

meowzer

Originally Posted by PEZenfuego
http:///forum/post/3048435
I have an octopus bh 100 and have thus far not had any problems with it. It is basically the same skimmer as yours though lol. I hope I didn't jinx myself

I think I researched that and for some reason which I can not recall went with this one,
I am very frustreated right now....everything was going fine too...it was skimming great

I just have no clue what else to do

crypt keeper

Maybe you got a lemon? hahahaha. Did you take it apart and check for a possible block. Mine works perfect. Always has. Maybe you something got stuck in the pump and is slowing it down?

meowzer

Originally Posted by crypt keeper
http:///forum/post/3048495
Maybe you got a lemon? hahahaha. Did you take it apart and check for a possible block. Mine works perfect. Always has. Maybe you something got stuck in the pump and is slowing it down?
I have no clue...I tried everything...I even took the outtake tube off and turned it around like the directions say

I ordered that bubble thing that Spanko posted...so we shall see....maybe it will stop...
Up till this morning when I took that biocrap out it was working fine except for a very few bubbles...
I'll probably mess with it more tomorrow
I can never leave things alone

halamaya

I just purchased a Bak Pak and the troubleshooting guide says. To raise the vent cap, lower the salinity to 1.023, clogged airline tubing. Then it sells you stuff, a bubble trap or a bubble eliminator.

meowzer

Originally Posted by Halamaya
http:///forum/post/3048537
I just purchased a Bak Pak and the troubleshooting guide says. To raise the vent cap, lower the salinity to 1.023, clogged airline tubing. Then it sells you stuff, a bubble trap or a bubble eliminator.
salinity?????....I ordered one of those bubble eliminator things....My guide is one piece of paper

monalisa

Hmmmm, wish I could help Meowzer. I also have a CPR bak pak, and I've never run it with the bio bale in it. My skimmer has worked awesome since day one (this from one of the most notorious skimmer skeptics ever). I even bought one for my daughter for her 55.
How long has it been spewing bubbles? I do notice with mine that after a water change, and possibly from messing in the tank during the change, that my skimmer does spew little bubbles for a while, but after a few hours that clears. If it doesn't, simply adjusting the venturi valve usually does the trick. Have you ever taken the pump apart and cleaned it? Just an idea.
Hope you figure yours out.
Lisa