Help!!WAnt to set up asump...NEED AN OVERFLOW BOX...

biggdriver

Does anyone know where I can get agood overflow box for a 65 and one for a 90??
THe problem i'm having is I never had a sump before I kind of understand how they work but Is there an overflow that won't break siphon when the power goes out..Can Make one ..And if so does anyone have plans on how. How big does it have to be etc..I want it to feed a 30gallon Refugium/sump..My main concern is the overflow not breaking siphon in a power failure..I heard that this can be done by hanging two boxes on the tank one inside and one outside,,using a U tube and then drilling for the sump line while placing a piece of pipe higher than the U tube end in the outside box..to feed the line to the sump..Does this work ok??I will buy them If I have to..I' have searched alot of places and have not really gotten much "GOOD" info..PLEASE HELP!!!

q

I have an Amiracle. Does fine.
http://www.thatpetplace.com/
The only thing I don't like is the hole in the out box. I would say it is from casting. They do give something to plug it with and I would use silicone.
What I did though I enlarged the hole and installed a 1/2 OD tube and installed a ball valve on it so I can use it to get water out of my tank for easy water changes. :D
I also just orderd a 1 1/4 overflow tube to up my flow so I'll see how that will work out. If you want to know post in a couple of weeks.