Help with bulb color Wavepoint

carlos413

I own a wavepoint 48" fixture. Its about time to change the bulbs, Ive been useing the bulbs that came with the fixture. Two 12k and 2 460 actinics. I am looking in to getting one of there bulbs, this is what they have, what do you guys recomend?
SUPERBLUE 460™ Super Blue Actinic 460
REEF WAVE™ Super Violet O3 Actinic 420
CORAL WAVE™ Coral Growth Accelerator
SUN WAVE™ Super Daylight 12,000k
I am looking for something that will improve my coral color and grouth. the CORAL WAVE™ Coral Growth Accelerator bulb looks very purple not sure if i like that. Any suggestions would be apreciated thanks.

al&burke

Hey, I just changed a few of my bulbs - got the ATI super blue and purple plus, I really like them. there are a few guys/gals that will set you straight - just be patient they are not on line right now.

meowzer

You don;t have to use wavepoint bulbs.....what are you looking for in color?
for example you can use
2 ATI blue plus
1 ATI Aqua Blue Special
1 Aqua science Special 15000K
I have that mix on my 29G and I keep lps, sps, clam, zoas. shrooms....etc...etc....and I have great growth

carlos413

Thank you guys for the replys, my other issue is that my lfs only has wavepoints in stock so I was wondering if anyone new anything about them. I don't like the idea of ordering bulbs online and risk getting them broken. Also don't have alot of cash so I won't be able to experiment. I just want a set uP that looks natural with a slight blue not over powering. And at the same time good for coral grouth. I read some where that 460 actinic are bluer than 420 but the 420 is better for coral grouth. I am so confused???????

meowzer

i order all my lights online...believe me....they know how to pack them.....the ones I listed IN MY OPINION will give you what you want...
google them...you will find them, and you will see that they are not that high

lbannie

I just bought wavepoint bulbs.....for the price.... I got 1 of each color! The lights are MUCH better than what I had (odyssea) but if you have the extra money I would go with what Meowzer is saying. You get what you pay for.... but I'm pretty happy with the bulbs....I ordered them online, and you wont believe the packaging they do!

carlos413

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbannie http:///forum/thread/382997/help-with-bulb-color-wavepoint#post_3346498
I just bought wavepoint bulbs.....for the price.... I got 1 of each color! The lights are MUCH better than what I had (odyssea) but if you have the extra money I would go with what Meowzer is saying. You get what you pay for.... but I'm pretty happy with the bulbs....I ordered them online, and you wont believe the packaging they do!
I got one of each. 1 Super Blue Actinic 460, 1 Super Violet Actinic 420, 1 Super Daylight 12,000k and a CORAL WAVE™ Coral Growth Accelerator bulbs what order from front to back shoud I place them?

carlos413

It's been 24 hours since I changed the bulbs. My anemone don't seem to like the new light. He's on the move. He's been my center piece for over one year.