Help with Camera

marco333

I have an Kodak Easy Share CX7530 zoom digital camera. It is 5.0 megapixels and usually takes very good pictures. However when I try to zoom up on close things in my fishtank, the shots are usually blurry when I get real close, even on the close up mode. Is this fixable by getting a larger lense or something like that?
Thanx

socal57che

My daughter has the same camera. I used it to take some tank pics and had the same problem. 5 million pixels is a lot of dots. If you use the macro feature and back off just enough to get a good focal plane, you can aesily make large prints especially if your camera is set to it's best photo quality (5 megs). I set hers on 3.1 to take pics of our tank and the photos come out fine.
Here's an example:

socal57che

I also had to play with flash settings and camera angles to get the lighting right. Some still needed to be lightened up a bit in Photoshop. If the flash is too bright, but too dim with no flash at all try covering a portion of the flash to reduce intensity being careful not to cover the built in meter.