Help with diatoms!!!!!!!!!

inawe

Help with diatoms,
All wates prams are zero, 75g has been running for about i month- about 30+ lbs LR, 30-40 lbbase rock, 40 lb LS, 30g refugium. Almost overnight i had a rather large diatom bloom. What can i do to get this under control? If it matters, I cycled with the LR, LS and raw shrimp. I added 2 green chromis Saturday night Diatoms barely visable then.
Thanks-

reefkprz

best thing to do is wait. not kidding. they will pass once they consume the soluble silica available (silicic acid). diatoms actually change soluble silica to a non soluble form to build their bodies, once they have used up the available amount they will die back and the non-soluble silica will sink never to trouble you again.

miaheatlvr

Originally Posted by inawe
Help with diatoms,
All wates prams are zero, 75g has been running for about i month- about 30+ lbs LR, 30-40 lbbase rock, 40 lb LS, 30g refugium. Almost overnight i had a rather large diatom bloom. What can i do to get this under control? If it matters, I cycled with the LR, LS and raw shrimp. I added 2 green chromis Saturday night Diatoms barely visable then.
Thanks-

Just part of your NEW TANK and are a result of silicates in your water, Make sure you are using RO/DI water. These Diatoms are easily rectified by having a BIOLOGICAL CLEAN-UP crew, Nassarius snails, Cerrith snails, Sand sifting star, cucumber if applicable. Look onn this site for clean-up crews.