Help with Identifying something

putt_77

I have found red creatures squirming around my live rock. They look like centipedes. They are very small and I have found about 1/2 a dozen. I have had the same live rock for two years and no new fish for a year. Just wondering what they are, where they could've popped up from and if I should WORRRY?

jakob4001

they are probably just bristle worms; usually they tend to hide in the LR during the day, sometimes the sandbed, and come out or at least peak out of the LR at night; some people consider them to be good to have as they make great scavengers & stir the sand bed

putt_77

Sammy---that's them. Any idea where they popped up from. I mean I knew that flora could be dormant in live rock, but bristle worms. Honestly, no new rock has been introduced into the tank for over a year. Have they always been there and only recently become large enough to notice?

firegarden

I have one in my tank that is probably 8" long!!! He is gray and I call him the Lochness Monster. I would love to get him out but he's to quick for me! I try to get them out with a net when I can. I don't nind a few but they seem to reproduce rapidly.