help with my canister filter???

roggy23

I can not stop these air surges that come blasting out of the return nozzle at random times. I cleaned the filter already and no help, checked the O ring and still no help, do I need to set trhe tibes a certain way or buy new ones cuz maybe the tubes have clogged I dont know....:help:

legend

this must be a magnum 350 filter?
I had the same problem...i cut the hoses shorter and made sure that there were no kinks in the flow lines.

asbury030

you might have tiny cracks in the tubes i would check that and if that isnt it greas the rings on the tubes.

dreeves

Try sealing the intake tubes with a small amount of silicon...I have an XP3 and have never had any problem as you mentioned...and mine is a little over 2 years old.

roggy23

ahh man dreeves you are lucky.. ive had it for about 5 months now and these surges are driving me crazy... how far into the inlets where you able to puch the tubes in?

dreeves

I assembled them together...then put them on the floor and gave them a good rap...dont know how far in they went...but i took them apart awhile back to clean them and re-position them...and it was hard to get them apart...also...when you clean it...you may try fillinging the canister to the rim and then put the top back on...if you already do this and still get the air...check the motor gasket which seals the top to the canister...maybe it got twisted or something and sucks air in.