help with Protein Skimmer

rmleal

hi im looking for a Protein Skimmer for my 55 gal. i AM LOOKING IN THE PRICE RANG of $0-$100. i do have a sump/fuge and it does not have to be in the sump. i just need a good skimmer that works great. i have a jebo and it dont work that great. please help me with a skimmer for a 55gal. reef

thegrog

AquaC is the best brand out there (for less than $300) in my opinion. A sump version or HOT retails for about $160. Keep your eye on ---- and you could get one for $120.
The next step down would be a CPR model (be warned, there are CPR knockoffs out there). The in-sump version is about $100 new retail (got one on ---- for $65) and the HOT version is about $130 new.
A skimmer is not something you want to skimp out on. As you know now, cheap is not better. Go with quality and you will save money in the long run.
hope this helps

msd2

Id agree that you want to not skimp on the skimmer and depending on if you want a sump style or hob varies what I suggest. If you have a sump a blemished euroreef IMHO can't hardly be beat, but its gonna run you 200-260. But its super low maint. and has a great track record for lasting. For less money I have also heard remora's are pretty good too and are HOB.