help with purchasing halide

krux

i am ready to move from pc to halide. i have been looking around at local shops, and on ----, and i have discovered that a guy that has excellent feedback on his systems. he is currently selling a 24" 175 watt halide retro, with reflector, ballast, socket, 5600k bulb, and 2 normal output flour.ballasts and endcap sets along with 2 actinic and 2 10,000k zoomed bulbs for $190.00 i would most likely bolster this with my 96 watt pc fixture running actinic since the NO bulbs probably will not over compensate for the yellowishness of the 5600k lamp.
i am curious as to wether or not anyone has recently purchased a retro light kit and has found a better deal than this?
this will be going over my 29g tank. i have emailed the guy, asking what the price difference would be to upgrade from 175 to 250 watts, as on my 18" deep tank i think 250 would be a wee bit better at reaching the bottom. any idea on what a fair price increase this should add to those of you who make your own systems and know the price difference between ballasts and bulbs?
thanks for your input.

cboyfan2020

I bought a ballast and endcaps for a 2x250w halide system on ---- for $190 shipped if that gives you anything. From a reputabl company. I wouldnt use the 5600k bulbs or you could get a lot of algae growth. I would at least use 6500k. JMO
Email me if you are interested in a light I found. 1 250w Icecap ballast and 1 10k Ushio bulb new for $193. i can give you the link.

I got a PFO ballest and sockets for 2 175 watt MH, w/reflector retro from ---- for 200 including shipping. Very pleased with it. I am going to get my 2 Uhisa (sp) 10ks for it today. Can't wait.