help with rbta plz!

akinda

I have had a rbta for about 4 days now and it went under a rock and shaded it self for 2 days this morning it was fine. When i went to look at it around 4 he was totally deflated looked like he was going to die, so i hurried up and turned the rock and faced him toward the light. luckly he got better within a hour. but when i went to turn off the lights today i watched him with the athnics on and he started to deflate again so turned the lights on and he flated back up. any opinions?

T

thomas712

Normal behavior. BTA;s will inflate and delfate at there liesure. Sometimes they do it to spend energy to move, other times they do it to expell excess waste. Perfectly normal, you may find that it is that way in the morning and when the lights go on they will reinflate.
Thomas

akinda

ok but it was with the lights on and he looks like he was dead all besides having some color at the tips the rest of him ws brown.

T

thomas712

OK lets look at some water paramiters and lighting, any aggressive corals in the tank? Temp? Salinity?
Thomas

akinda

all lvs are fine he didnt try to move when he was under a rock thats why he almost died i think. he just needed a charge of light for the night i turned off the lights and hes fine now. but i have 260 watts of pc lighting in a 55 gal tank. i am goin to feed more often. light a peice of shrimp every day.