help with refug

halostalker

Hi im planing on geting a JBJ 28 gallon tank with stand for $550(including shiping) would love to here if im wasting money or puting in enough to start a really good reef tank. Well my problem is im a refugium fan all the way and would love to hear how to get one on this JBJ Baby? i was thinking a (AQUA-FUGE 2 HANG-ON
REFUGIUM Small by CPR
Aquatic) would it fit on the back, im planing on just having LR rubble in the filter and would this work? i liek it b/c its a pretty cheap refugium liek 150 with light so im very happy about it or should i build a custom one, i do have a 10 gallon SW tank set up with LR and LS but nun in it(was a experiment to see how SW work, learned alot) if not im planning on geting harlequien Shrimp in the JBJ and having alot of star fish in the 10 gallon and also i have a friend who's father has a huge tank with only a lion fish(used to b e some sharks) in it so i can put alot of stars in there, that way i can have stars on hand to snip and feed the shrimp

halostalker

Hi can anyone help me? i really would love to add a refug that way im sure limiting the amount of nitrates in my tank with out growing all the green stuff in my main tank. plus would love the extra place, I'm looking at this refug but i have no clue if it would hang on the back and work so i need help from all u experts out there plz, or would love to kno another way to add a refug maybe even a biger one to this tank

lion_crazz

Hi im planing on geting a JBJ 28 gallon tank with stand for $550(including shiping) would love to here if im wasting money or puting in enough to start a really good reef tank.
An awesome tank! It has an auto-shut off on the light system, wave-maker, and halides! The one thing you will need, though, is a chiller. Because it has HQI halides, it gets quite hot at times.
Well my problem is im a refugium fan all the way and would love to hear how to get one on this JBJ Baby? i was thinking a (AQUA-FUGE 2 HANG-ON
REFUGIUM Small by CPR Aquatic)
I think that would work for you. Just check out the dimensions, but otherwise, a good idea, as it will certainly help limit nitrates/phosphates.
or should i build a custom one, i do have a 10 gallon SW tank set up with LR and LS but nun in it(was a experiment to see how SW work, learned alot) if not
Custom would be the way to go if the CPR does not fit.
im planning on geting harlequien Shrimp in the JBJ and having alot of star fish in the 10 gallon and also i have a friend who's father has a huge tank with only a lion fish(used to b e some sharks) in it so i can put alot of stars in there, that way i can have stars on hand to snip and feed the shrimp
If this is what you want the tank to be dedicated to, that is a decent idea. They do not need starfish all the time, but at least every other week. They can rip through a starfish relatively quickly. Be careful though. If you are using this as a reef tank, the harlequins can be a bit destructive when it comes to eating times. They have no qualms just pulling the star wherever they want to go, knocking corals over in the process.

halostalker

thanx so much Lion_crazz, yea the chiller is goin to take alot out of my pocket lol maybe i can get lucky and buy a cheap used one(maybe even better quality), also worryed that that refug wouldn't work in the back sump area? i really havn't seen how this tank workz or that refug=P. About the shrimp i knew the jumped a large star and took off a arm or a leg(lol) and ran with it hiding it in a nice place so they can feed over time on it(i guess they wouldn't be to bad lmao they r just little shrimp and im pretty sure i would have everything secure enough so they don't kill themselfs lmao(would hurt if something feel on them and im not talking about the shrimp (cry)) or i also hear with small stars they would just flip it on its back and prevent it from goin anywhere and consuming it that way, my plan is to get the biggest cheapest Chocolate chip seastars(i hear the shrimp like eating these) and i still wana find out how fast a star can regenerate a arm if i snip one off? thats y i plan on geting alot of stars to give one a break after all he gave a arm and a leg for me.lmao

halostalker

well right now the chiller is the only thing preventing me geting tank right away(they r just so much money) im looking at the harlequin shrimp and would love to have a pair i hear they only need a leg every week and it can be in the tankf ro 4 dayz then u should remove it, if i get alot of star fish this shouldn't be a problem(also i would love to try my hand at breeding them)
so life stock would be all corals first so everythign is established then i would get
Pair of Harlequin shrimp(i kno most people say to keep them by them selfz but i seen them in a mini reef and they were great)
Pom Pom crab(s)
sexy shrimp
anemone shrimp
Porcelain Crab
Zebra Shrimp
I would love to hear any other shrimp i should get (maybe a small pistol shrimp like 1/2 ones but idk)
As for fish they would be the last thing i would get but i really would love a purple pseudochromis but idk about there habbits with inverts especially small ones, but i also like the court jester goby and those would be the only fish in it