HELP WITH SHIPPING CORALS

pirates

Ok i am just whanting to know about how you go about shipping corals now its some what hot then cool so do you need a heat pack or ice pack and where do you get the fish and coral shipping bags at does wal- art sale them ? or do you just have to get them on the internet i have found the bags in the internet is that the only way and do you need the liner that goes in the bags that are dark what is that for is that a must?
Thanks

speg

I've seen a couple sites that offer a whole 'shipping frags package' that you can purchase.
I've seen a few methods of shipping coral... one is where the coral sits at the bottom of the bag--that's the worst I thnk.
Another is where the frag plug is attached to foam at the smaller end which causes the plug to float in the bag upside down. This is a great method because the frag can't tumble around the bag of water.
If you're shipping to me in FL.. I'd appreciate a cold pack in my box :p
I'm not really sure where an actually 'fish' shipping bag can be purchased other than online... or by keeping the bags you get from the LFS (like I do).
The dark bags are usually used for fish I believe. Helps to lower stress.

pirates

Thanks for your help
ok now how do you ship the coral when its on a rock you can not ship on foam to float upside down like a frag? and its a Xenia
and when you ship see is cool here so you would ship with a ice pack at night is 40f here then maybe 60 to 70 in the day?

gemmy

Most of the coral I have had shipped had the dark liner, and my fish have never had the dark liner.