HELP!!! yellowheaded sleeper goby dying?

dperna

I just did a transfer from a 20g to a 58g. I checked amonia, PH, nitrite, nitrate, phosphates, made sure salinity was matched up, got the temp warmed up pretty fast and everything was good. Now as im looking at my "acomplishment" i see my yelloweheaded sleeper goby fighting for his life as it looks. i know fish act strange after they are first introduced but i dont think this is right. he looks to be "breathing" very heavily, his body seems very thin and frail but he was always fine in my 20g never the less..... he was flipping around diving his head into the sand and could barely move. Does anyoen know what is wrong/what i can do?!?! PLEASE HELP ASAP

dperna

Also, i dont know if its anything or not but the top of his body seems shaded dark, like his spine to head area. i dont knowif its usually like this. someone please help!

dperna

yes, i put him into a brand new big freezer bag, let him adapt to temp for 15 min, then added little amout of water every 5 minutes until it was about double of what i put in. my clown made it just fine infact he seems to be loving his new enviornment. right now the goby is hitting his head at the sand almost pecking at it but not eating it

sepulatian

Give him some time. I am sure he will be fine. Turn the lights off in the aquarium to let him calm down.

dperna

thats what i was thinking but hes actually on the ground upside down looking very dazed he was fighting to swim :notsure:

sepulatian

Originally Posted by DPerna
thats what i was thinking but hes actually on the ground upside down looking very dazed he was fighting to swim :notsure:
He is upside down??? How long did this acclimation take? He may be in shock.

dperna

well maybe 45 minutes? i cant remember. to be honest i know i didnt do it as good as when i got him from the store to my 20g. if he dies overnight and i dont notice till the morning will he throw off anything in the tank? levels, etc

sepulatian

No, it will be fine. Realy try to minimize stress though. He may be ok. Keep the lights off and avoid going near the tank. It is just the clown in there with him?

dperna

ok, thank you so much for the help. i've never had any problems with fish before so this is all new to me. hopefully tomorrow everything will be fine

sepulatian

Originally Posted by DPerna
ok, thank you so much for the help. i've never had any problems with fish before so this is all new to me. hopefully tomorrow everything will be fine
You are welcome. I realy hope he will be ok!