HELP!!!!!!!!!

4husky

Ok, so almost everyone knows I'm getting a shark egg... I picked it up today, and it ended up that two were stuck together...

MY PROBLEM!!!!---
I have two unidentified snails that won't leave them alone!!!
I pulled the snails out into a cup and they're next to me as I type,
Both shells are about an inch in length, and white and brown spotted. The opening, if you hold the point up is on the right. The body is bluish, with a tube coming out of the opposite end of the point, and both just stuck a pink tube up out of the water where the mouth is. They are both extremely pissed.

DO I somehow have two "cone shells" And If so, what do I do, besides try not to get bitten by them????

ANYONE WHO CAN ID THESE REPLY QUICK!!!!!
Cat

4husky

LOL, I was going to stomp them with my shoe, but they never were a problem, I've got a turbo, they never bugged him? Not only that, if theyre cones, they mite bite one of my dogs as they die... Husband wants to flush them, but I'm afraid they'll come back and bite his butt.....
[This message has been edited by 4husky (edited 11-22-2000).]

4husky

THAT is not anything that should be posted..

LOL, But seriously, these guys are pissing me off, and I'm not the type who can kill anything too easy, I get sad.

Cat
BUT I'd be even sadder if the turds hurt the eggs!!!

4husky

LOL, our neighbors are jerks, and my husband said the same thing!!!!!
You know, I'd feel better if the sharks ate them than if I killed them, but I have two little boys who put their hands in the tanks. I have a sep. tank, but if they're poisonous, I don't want that risk. But if they are savable I would rather do that. They won't eat algae, but they're good at catching waste and uneaten food.

4husky

Okay, so if I gotta send them to snail h*!!, what's the most "humane" way
to do so? I've had them for a year....
I mean, I guess, there's really no other option without knowing for sure what they are....
AND, how do you tell a 4 yr old what happened to them??? They were his, and he's autistic....

4husky

Where did you read that, AND HOW RARE,
(things that make you go hmmmmm) ($$$$)
I know the lfs won't take these, not to mention turkey day tomorrow, so I'm stuck til FRIDAY..... Is there a site with pics of these???When I originally described these to the aquarists at work a week ago, they said maybe juvenile whelks???
Not to mention with two, how do I know there aren't eggs all over my tank????
Im confused,
, What should I do? They really were a nice addition to my tank, and I'm not sure if they were just checking out the new item in the tank... But they were HARD to get off the eggs.
What would you do??

4husky

Ok, so I found this Knobbed Triton in one of my books,"freshwater and marine aquarium fishes" no. 293- The pic you have, is the shell white and the body brown???
My snails are identical in shape, but with the shell a pretty brown/green(algae covered white) mottled pattern. The body shape is also very similar, but mine are greyish/blue. The two horn things that look like feelers are on mine, and they lighten to a yellow like the pic. They even have the trapdoor on their baackside like the pic. I got them from an lfs that didn't know what they were, but they were cool, charged me 50 cents each... Now, my book doesn't say anything about the pink tube from the mouth... Are they trying to get "excited" and that's not the mouth, or are they inverting their stomachs trying to eat????

4husky

Reefer, you snuck in, IM IN FLORIDA NOW... This state is so irked at Gore for dragging this mess out.....

4husky

Going back to my critters. The book says they eat starfish, obviously, they want to eat my shark eggs...

I'm not prepped to set up the second tank at midnight!!!!

Someone with an overnight solution, please, help...
Can they stay in this cup, or do I have to worry about them getting out???

4husky

To be honest, the aquarists are part of the Busch Corp, IE Sea world. I work at the new park, Discovery Cove... So I have access to an aquarium, however, I'm not back up there til Monday.... They don't have the facility at our park to house the heiffers. I asked them what they thought they could be, and they weren't sure. They guess juv. whelks, but that sounded WAY off... GGGRRRRR

4husky

Here, lemme send them to you via modem, I think they'll fit in the CD rom....

They really like flake food..Tetra Marin-LOL

4husky

This pink tube is the mouth, they're using it to grab the flakes....
I think I wanna keep 'em. I mean, They really are cool looking. They're always active and they can "smell" the flake when I feed it to my son's molly... (the only fish in the tank besides the eggs)
I almost fell off the chair!!!LOL

[This message has been edited by 4husky (edited 11-23-2000).]

4husky

I really wish I knew how to contact the U of FL.. They are REALLY big into animal research... Wouldn't they die knowing I've kept this rare snail on a diet of WAL-Mart Flake food for over a Year!!!

Fireworms bumped off my two blue damsels a couple months ago, so they started it, my son fell in love with the orange molly when we bought the damsels...
The fireworms were a battle, but we got rid of 'em, and I mean all of them, took a couple days...

[This message has been edited by 4husky (edited 11-23-2000).]

mr . salty

I don't believe I just read that whole thing. SNAILS, Come on, Rare or not they are snails. Toss them in the snow(thats right,florida dont have snow)and move on.