Help?!?!?!?!

You can use a type od cylinder of some sort pour it through the funnel of your chioce this way the sand will not go all over the place. It will go were ever the tube you pour it down is placed. Thats one idea anyway. good luck.

Here's what I did. I had a couple fish in my tank when I did this:
In my 55gal I had crushed coral. I vaccumed it to get out all of the dirty mess. Then took fiber glass screening and laid it on top of the crushed coral. That way it won't flow into my sand. Went to Home Depot and bought a 50 lb bag of Playsand. Rinsed it for days. Then went and bought two 20lb bags of Natures Ocean. Took the Playsand in a glass and poured it along the screening. Didn't cloud at all. After that had a thin layer on the bottom I took my one bag of NO and poured it right in. No cloudiness or anything. Waited a couple of days to make sure there was no cycle or spikes and put the other bag in. Looks and worked great. No fatalities or anything. Just a reccomendation and it worked for me.
Good Luck
doug

teetee

How big is your tank? I am in the same predicament as you. I plan to convert my 135g in stages, a third at a time over a period of of about a month; as a result, by only removing a third of the cc you will not be setting yourself up for a potential crash. This approach is more of a drawn out drama, but seems to be safer. I like the idea of placing the sand in via the tube. Nofear you might want to look up some of my posts in the reef section regarding this very same topic. teetee.

nofear2003

I have a 30 gallon eclipse tank with 2 green chromises and I want to take out the crush coral and put in live sand..