help!!!!!

yellowtail

i have a mg 7 return pump with the basic black return body with the adjustible nozzle for directional flow with the little hole in the side that i am guessing is the check vavle?so my water level is at the point where half of the little hole in the side is submerged so it is creating bubles inb the tank a bit and spraying above the water line a bit.so my question is, is it ok that this is only half submerged and nothing will happen to it? the return is fine thoguh. thanks

dedwards

That hole is a ventrui aeration hole. It is designed to either put a pump with airline or just airline to draw air into the water flow. IMO if you aim a powerhead at the top of the tank then you won't need to inject more air into the water. It more a personal choice if you want air bubbles floating through your water.

yellowtail

thats the thing, i dont want air bubbles.its confusing but it is extreamly hard to move. but will it cause any harm beng partially open?

dedwards

I would say no harm. Can you add a little more water to the tank so that it is covered? Just to clarify, the hole is big enough for an airline correct? If not then can you take a pic so we can make sure everything is fine with your PH.