Help

prinny

We just purchased a 120 gallon tank today and have no idea what we are doing. We have it set up for saltwater, but don't know what to do next. Can you help?

joe5_15

well why dont you take this question and take it to the equipment and diy board they will help you out

cyn

Hi and welcome. Have you read the SWF home page? There is a great setup explaination there. I would, if I could do it again, start with sand and seed it with live sand. If you have more questions, I also reccomend the DIY page for further assistance.
HTH,
cyn

prinny

Thanks for the help. We did use live sand and have the filtration system in place. I guess now we just wait for the water to clear?

flamehawk

Having no idea what you are doing is a serious offense. This hobby is challenging enough even when you do have an idea what you are doing. The good thing is that it seems that you've come for help before you've bought any livestock....right?? Let everything settle down and read, read, read BEFORE you buy any live stock. There are plenty of good beginner books out. My favorite is "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Saltwater Aquariums" by Mike Wickham. Witty and practical advice. "The Tropical MArine Fish Survival Manual by Gordon Kay is also decent. "The Marine Aquarium Problem Solver by Nick Dakin is also handy to read and have around. You cna also find soem helpful articles in FIsh magazines and posted on the web. There is no substitutes or shortcuts to this hobby and our responsibility to it. READ, READ, READ...... If you come across some reading issue which you need some help on, buy all means post and we will help.
Good Luck and welcome to the hobby!