Help

wvgolfer

:help: I have a 72 gallon tank that has been going for months without any signs of trouble. Suddenly all the fish seem to be iin stress mode. They are staying in the same place, and breathing rapidly. I have lost my original starting fish a sebae clown. THey show no signs of disease, all water tests are good. All of my inverterbrates are doing well. WHAT IS UP? Any ideas?

acrylic51

What are your water parameters?? Have you changed anything in your regular routine as far as maintenance or such?

wvgolfer

Nitrate, Nitrite, Ammonia all 0. PH 8.2, Salanity 1.022, Temp 78 all have been like that for months. I have not changed any of my maint. schedule since I started. I have 3 urchins, they are pretrty good indicators for water quality and they are fine. I am confused.

fishmamma

When was the last addition to your tank? (livestock) How soon before it's passing did the Sebae show signs of distress? Have you done a post in the disease forum? If not I would asap so Beth can try and help.

wvgolfer

I have a yellow tang, lemonpeel, koran, tomato clown and bi-color blenny. I haven't added anything in over a month. The sebae showed heavy breathing.

ophiura

Has there been any painting, cleaning around the place? Using anything to clean the glass?
We'll need to know more about what you've done recently. Any water changes, anything added to the tank....

wvgolfer

What is so strange about this is that I have done nothing unusual. There has been no change in my maint. schedule at all. I have added nothing in over 5 weeks. All was fine. The fish just seemed to go into stress. All of them except the Koran are breathing really hard. All of my inverterbrates are fine. All fish except the Koran have stopped eating. All water tests are normal.

guineawhop

do you have a qt tank? if so i'd try taking one of the big fish and putting him in there. it's possible that one of the fish is stressing out the others making them all stop eating. just a theory though.

T

tizzo

Yeah that and...
Are you providing a means to oxygenate the water??

ophiura

Yeah, actually, a review of the filtration might be good FWIW...esp whether there is a skimmer, etc.