Help

schembar30

I just bought about 100 lbs of fugi live rock because I'm upgrading to a from my 55 to a 90
and on the way home the trash can holding the rock fell over .I was just going to wait for the week end and put it in the 90gallon, but I was stupid and put it all in the tankexisting 55gallon (I paniced)I have tons of inverts and an existing 40lbs of LR in the crowded 55 gallon now .Can some help me out with ideas or solutions(or what problems it could cause)
My ideal goal would be to take the 100lbs of Fugi and put it into the empty 90gallon, but I don't know if that would cause problems. Its all crammed into my 55gallon now. :help: :help: :help:

airforceb2

It will cycle the tank again. I would take the rock back out and put it in the trash can. You should scrub the rock as much as possible and place it in the new tank with fresh water. Once it cycles, you can add the remaining 40lbs and livestock.

dogstar

Was the rock fully cured when you got it.
If it was then I dont think you will have any problems. You should start mixing some new water to have on hand just in case you get a small spike anyway.
Congrats on the new rock and tank.

airforceb2

With the rocks falling over on the trip home there will be some dieoff so it doesn't matter if it was cured or not. It will create some ammonia which may cause another cycle or mini-cycle.

dogstar

Not nessesarily, Thats why I ask questions befor comeing to conclutions and I did say to have water ready.
How long was it out of the water. Did it compleatly dry out.