help!

viet-tin

My female percula has this white pimple looking thing in her nose. I was thinking maybe lymphocystis but then its only in one spot and not spots...but then again I could be wrong. I notice the thing after my anemone got chopped by my tunze. She is eating well and swims well along with her mate inside their green LTA. Ill try to get a pic in the morning. Any help I can get will be much appreciated.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
I had this too with my clown, located on the side of fish however. For the longest time I thought it was a parasite.....but it came and went with no signs of ill effects to fish, except I noticed it when the fish got stressed.
Keep an eye out for it. Definitely get a screen for your pumps before attempting another anemone.

viet-tin

wellthis anemone was basically dead. My tank crashed while I was out on vacation and it was one of few survivors so I left it inside my tank since it looked like it was coming back. I guess it decided to move around and found my tunze :mad: I also have a lta but it seems to have found a spot and has stayed put for awhile. The clown seems to be healthy just that one blemish on her face. She seems to be taking her anger out on her man poop little guy. Im going to try some garlic xtreme and see if itll help her fight it off. Still cant get a pic of her...she moves too much

viet-tin

No luck on getting a pic of her but the garlic seems to be working. The big pimple is going away but now shes beggining to grow some sort of mucus coat. Its starting to stream off her fin and her eye is starting to cloud up. I checked my water params and they all are good and I just did my water change...so whats up with the sickness?

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, now that sounds like brooklynella. How long have you had this fish?? Do you note rapid breathing?
Take a look at the clowns with brooklynella in the Diseased Fish Thread. The treatment needs to be immediatate or you will loose her. It is formalin bathes, which is described in the FAQ Thread at the top of this forum.

viet-tin

I had a feeling it was brook... her breathing is fine shes eating well and ive only had her for almost a week now. Ill take a look at that thread for treatment. thanks beth