Help?!?!?!?!

fishfanatc

I just purchased a 135g acrylic tank with corner overflows, but no pump or lights just the tank and stand. We got it at really good price so we couldn't pass it up. Now here is my question....... Does anyone have any suggestions on what type of water filtration system I should go with, I was thinking a wet/dry but with the two overflow boxes in the corners I am not real sure how to set it up. I am not worried about the lights just yet, I just want to get this tank up and cycling. We have a 30g but its and eclipse so everything was together when we bought that. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

saltfan

Get yourself a sump kit, so that the kit includes all the gizzmos you'll need to run the system. You can run both overflows into the same sump. You'll want 10-13 times the water turnover, so at 135g I'd go with a 1500 gph pump out from your sump back to the tank. You can split the returns with a t. This should get you going as ffar as that goes. Or you can make your own, don't know how much time you want to spend making one, or if money can be spent on a new one, you have options. A few powerheads also will get you on your way.

fishfanatc

Ok so you suggest going with a sump kit verses a wet/dry? Where can I find a sump kit at? I don't want to spend my whole life savings on the set up, just want tp get it up and running and if I need to upgrade equipment I can work on that later.

saltfan

When you purchase a sump, you can get a wet dry, using bio balls. You can purchase a sump kit all over the place, local LFS or online, cheaper way to go, or look for em on e-bay. I don't use one myself, but lots o poeple like em. I just have a 1537gph ocean clear micron filter, a ermperor 400 bio wheel filter and a 300g pro prizm deluxe skimmer. The idea of the sump is that you can hide all the skimmers and other stuff ( heater ) in the sump so its out of view, but imo if you put a backing on your tank, it hides most of the stuff anyways.