Help

tomclx

I posted earlier regarding my new HUMU. I put him in tank 3 days ago. He has been wedged between two rocks for the last two days. LAst night when my lights came on, i couldnt finind him, and now this morning, I still cant find him. He is completeley gone. He was a juvenile, so he was very samll. 1" long. Also,
I was wondering if Porcupine puffers would eat raw shrimp, and squid?

ccampbell57

Originally Posted by tomclx
I posted earlier regarding my new HUMU. I put him in tank 3 days ago. He has been wedged between two rocks for the last two days. LAst night when my lights came on, i couldnt finind him, and now this morning, I still cant find him. He is completeley gone. He was a juvenile, so he was very samll. 1" long. Also,
I was wondering if Porcupine puffers would eat raw shrimp, and squid?
Do you have a puffer in the tank with the humu? If the puffer can possibly fit the humu in his mouth, then you have a nice expensive snack for the puffer.

srfisher17

Originally Posted by ccampbell57
Do you have a puffer in the tank with the humu? If the puffer can possibly fit the humu in his mouth, then you have a nice expensive snack for the puffer.
I agree, what's in with the trigger? As to porc puffers; they'll eat anything and everything meaty...choice depends on size. I've seen a small one maybe 4", attack and eat most of a full grown damsel; an exception, the damsels are usually too quick; but porcs know to grab another fish by the belly and....well thats that. They'll also eat most inverts and gnaw on shells--but really great fish.

reefer545

If it is only 1 " there is a RELLY GOOD chance he is just hiding. Youd be amazed where these fish can cram themselves out of sight. Keep an eye out, and good luck.