Help!

So my BAD kitty LOVES to eat any flowers I have. Well b/c I had a bad day yesterday my sweetie brought me home flowers. So I put them on a shelf above my dwarf tank and wouldnt u know they ended up getting knocked over

I have NO idea how much of this water went into the dwarf tank (it had that stuff in it to make flowers last longer)
I did a 50% water change already. What else should I do???

bronco300

was there anything in the water besides flowers? that sugar stuff?
besides water change and running filter media probably not much else you can do

ci11337

i would just do almost constant water changes, not really anything else you can do. Good luck.

yeah that stuff in the packet that comes with most flowers
I THINK most of the water ended up on the floor
And I am running 2 filters in there right now

zeke92

just keep doing water changes but slowly. since you did a big one at first just do small ones but frequently. the 2 filters should help a tad but there not gonna take out much of the chemicals in the water.
i would buy some activated carbon, take an old sock, put like a hand full or so of carbon in the sock, tie it up, and put it in the tank. there is most likely not enough carbon in your two filters to help much.

veronicad

Ooooo!! I'm so sorry. I hope everyone survives!! Keep us posted. That last post was an excellent link with answers for this particular problem.

That link wouldnt open for me grrrrrr
Im sure everyone will be ok, i have been watching them like a hawk
i think most of the water ended up on my floor

She is a torti with an attitude....she has a cousin that could be her twin and is just as bad!!!!
My other sis has a "bad kitty box" b/c her kitty breaks into his food bag so now she has to keep it in a plastic box

bronco300

lol...our bengal found out she can jump on the kitchen counter...jump to the fridge...and then jump on top of the cabinets...or she likes to jump on the entertainment center and jump on the bookshelf....dare devil

suzy

Watch the wee ones for rapid breathing. Ok ,so they do breathe fast anyway, but faster than usual?

bronco300

good to hear
ye we have one, she is great but can be a bit spastic sometimes,lol
along these lines...my cat just jumped on my aquarium......and knocked my fan into the water.....she is lucky i dont beat her up...good thing the fan wasn't on..

she was lucky indeed......is there a full moon coming? these cats are acting crazy!!!!
PS: All ponies and pipes appear to still be doing very well....all ate again this morning but I think I will do another water change when I get home from work this afternoon just to be safe

Everybody in the fishy family is fine!!!!

Now if I could only get so lucky w/my kiddos.....last night right about the time we were all setteling down Lilly my 6y.o. starts crying in pain. She said it was her ear so I gave her pain reliever (that didnt help) and all she did was cry, cried herself to sleep twice and there was nothing I could do to ease her pain, I felt helpless.

So this morning i got her up and took her to work with me and then to the Dr, she has a nasty ear infection and a fever

I got sent home from work early though!!!!