Help

newtoit

HELP I have a major caulerpa invasion in my tank. I pull it and take out as much as I can, I do water changes weekly ,and in 2 days it is back with a vengance what can i do?

veni vidi vici

Pull the rock and start over.Maybe try putting it in a blacked out container with heater and powerhead for a week or two.As far as i know nothing will eat it and its impossible to manually get rid of permanently.
Maybe someone else knows of a way.Its bad stuff once it gets established on LR.

spanko

I have a 29 biocube that had a terrible invasion. I pulled, I yanked, I cursed...........then I tried a small Yellow tang, took it back and tried a small Scopas tang, took it back, neither of them touched the stuff. Then got a small Foxface. It devoured the Caulerpa. I bought it at about 2.5 inches and took it back at about 3.5 inches. I have done this three times. My tank is Caulerpa and Foxface free right now. If it comes back I will get another small Foxface to deal with it. I love that fish they are peaceful, reef safe IME and Caulerpa eating machines!!!

reefkprz

my scopas eats it, a desjardini tang will eat it but will rapidly outgrow your tank, a fox face as mentioned above will eat it (also will out grow your tank). I think there are quite a few herbiverous fish that will. probably the foxface is your best bet larry.