Help

levinjac

my fish are disapearing first my goby disapeared i just thought it was hiding but it hasnt come out in 3 days and now my wrasse isnt out can they die under the rock if so how will i know and how do i get it i dont know how far he burys and were he goes HELP

gemmy

When was the last time you tested the water? I would test the water, and if it comes back normal don't stress out. You just added a fish recently, right? It is possible that they are hiding to adjust to the new addition. Now, if the water parameters show ammonia then I would be concerned. If ammonia is present, it is possible that the fish is decaying. This would be the time to prep water for a water change.

levinjac

well ammonia 0 so that means there alive but they were always out when i added the new fish any way so if there not out by tomarro ill get worried

meowzer

What else do you have in there? 2 fish in one day is a lot for a cuc to eat all of.......especially in a smaller tank

levinjac

well my clown, C.B that no longer has ick maybe it never had it in the first place and i was parinoid and suprisingly my Royal Gramma that is and my wrasse just shot out of my cc but looks like its bleeding

levinjac

Ok wrasse is out and ok but i tink myt goby is dead because i heard a grinding noise and then little bits of what looked like brine shrimp shot ou of my pump sooooooo could it have been the goby

btldreef

Quote:
Originally Posted by levinjac http:///forum/thread/381107/help#post_3318209
well my clown, C.B that no longer has ick maybe it never had it in the first place and i was parinoid and suprisingly my Royal Gramma that is and my wrasse just shot out of my cc but looks like its bleeding
Are you truly sure that your coral beauty doesn't or didn't have ich?
How are you sure?

btldreef

Quote:
Originally Posted by levinjac http:///forum/thread/381107/help#post_3318423
it doesnt have it now and it just cant go away in 2 days now can it im pretty sure
LOL, just because you don't see it doesn't mean it's not there.
Part of ich's cycle, especially with healthy fish, is that it will seem to go away, pop up again, go away, etc.
If it was in your tank and you didn't treat, it is still there. Like my tank, I know it's there, but in just one week, none of my fish show signs of it anymore, but I KNOW it's there. I haven't treated.

levinjac

oh crap well now i have to wait till next weekend to do hypo when i have time great and do you think it was the goby look above

S

smartorl

You really should disassemble your filter intake and if it is the goby remove it. Leaving it in there will pollute your tank.

S

smartorl

For the fish to get sucked in, there must be some type of an intake so water can get from the tank to the filter. In most filtration systems, these just pop loose for cleaning and maintenence.

levinjac

its a bio cube it jumped over the back into the filter i have a small intake that i is tiney little slips but my out take is big and shoots out really big amounts of water

btldreef

The biocube filter should be too small for the goby to get in, but then again, I had one get inside a powerhead that had a stocking cover on it.
That filter is easy to get apart, at least the majority of it comes apart easily. You can look up instructions on how to clean them online.

levinjac

well i looked and took apart what i could but could not find it not even a sighn but i did find a snail odd isnt it