helponhairalgea

i do you get rid of hair algea i tryed alot but nothing is working what should i do all leaves are good and was useing tap water but now r useing ro b/c the phosaphats were to high any info will help alot thanks

rkm

You might want to leave a little more info. What size tank? Whats in it? etc.
Let me go with the obvious.
you need plenty of snails, and hermit crabs
You could also get fish that eat algae. Like tangs(pending on the size of the tank)
A Blenny (fish) is very good to.
Some people use Sally Light foot's (crab)
Make sure the tank is OUT of direct sunlight in your house.
Try to keep you tank lights on a little shorter.
Also try to find distilled water not RO. Distilled is a little better in quality. But not as good as RO/DI.
Power heads also help keep down algae a little.
Try to leave a little more info on your tank and you might get a better responce. You can go into your user cp at the top of the screen and when you get in that go into where it says signature. Whatever you type in that box will Be automaticaly put in the bottom of you post. That way you won't have to explain everything in your tank for every question.
I'm not trying to flame or anything. I'm simply trying to help you get the answers you need.:D
Good luck.

entice59

what kind of snails eat hair? im starting to get it on the sand...
sally light foots... dont they eat coraline too?

rkm

Not sure on the coraline algea. I hope someone will chime in on the type of snail you need. I think Mexican turbo's will do good. No that's me thinking. If you look up snails on this board I believe it tells you what they eat.