Herbivore's in FO Feeding

tr1gger

What is something that I can add in the tank besides fomula 2 (which my trigger seems to snag first) that my foxface and blue hippo can enjoy. Im hoping for a answer something along the lines of a Veggie clip and some kinda of greens. The hippo is on pelltet food (spectrum) but the fox face doesn't much care for it.

tangs123

a clip with seaweed should be good, hopefully the trigger doesn't get to it first. If he does maybe you can get two clips so all the fish have a chance to feed if the trigger is too agressive

cedarreef

I don't think romaine would be the best choice there... yeah n strangely my tang HATES formula 2 froen food but the blenny loves it...luckily... but I would go to any japanese store or maybe just a grocery store and check if they have nori...it's just dried seaweed that you can buy in bulk which is perfect for them. put it in a veggi clip, and hope for the best. All my tangs so far have loved the stuff.

stanlalee

you answered your own question. when I had anthias and tangs I had two clips of veggae's for the tangs and then regular feedings for the anthias. Of course the tangs ate their food too. With daily veggae clips (my two finished off two 3x2"" sheets in about 10 minutes) you dont really have to bother with formula 2 and herbivore dry food unless its for the other fish.

aquaknight

Yep, just toss some dried seaweed/nori on a clip. If the aggressives get to it first, you can try hand feeding if your fish aren't easily spooked. My parents had a dogface that would eat everything (no surprise), so we had to hand feed the nori to the yellow tang.