hermit crab disaster!

kb3131

ok ok ok...i came back from the grocery store and found this lying in my tank. It appears to be a dead scarlet hermit crab. All water params are perf. and i only have a LMB and a domino damsel in there...I have no clue why this would happen. I have seen one of the little blue leg hermits crawling on top of a scarlet every once and a while but i hope its not canabalism! oh well...there goes 3.99
any body have a reason this could happen? only got 2 turbos, 5 blue leg hermits, 3(now 2) scarlets, 1 lmb, 1 damsel and a pepermint. I have never seen anyone being aggressive. wierd thing is, I havent found his shell yet. any suggestions?

rs1831

Thats most likely just a molt. Don't worry about it. Just to be safe do you have any empty shells in your tank?

my way

Like the others said, it's probably a molt. If it is, the reason you can't find the shell is because the crab is hiding untill it's new carapice (Sp?) hardens.

alyssia

Originally Posted by My Way
Like the others said, it's probably a molt. If it is, the reason you can't find the shell is because the crab is hiding untill it's new carapice (Sp?) hardens.