Hermit Just Molted But Wont Move

mz3bmx

One of my hermits molted about 3 days ago and still hasn't moved. I seen him trying to snatch snails that pass by almost coming completely out of his shell to take theirs. So I put him on the sand bed along with 5 shells of different sizes around him and he's not moving into any of them. It's now day 4 and he still hasn't moved from the same spot. Any advice?

U

usirchchris

Originally Posted by mz3bmx
http:///forum/post/2847536
One of my hermits molted about 3 days ago and still hasn't moved. I seen him trying to snatch snails that pass by almost coming completely out of his shell to take theirs. So I put him on the sand bed along with 5 shells of different sizes around him and he's not moving into any of them. It's now day 4 and he still hasn't moved from the same spot. Any advice?

Have a chat with him...let him know molting is a natural process for crabs
. Sorry I don't really know. I know it is natural for a day or so as they wait for the new skin to harden, but I have never had one sit that long. Is it eating at all? If it is I would say have no worries.

mz3bmx

i havent seen him in the past couple days so if you're a hermit crab expert reading this please give me some pointers. thanks!